Become a leader in the Baltimore community. The Art of Leadership program brings together 10th and 11th grade public and private school students of diverse backgrounds to develop leadership skills and engage in dialogue across cultural barriers. Through guest speakers and experiential opportunities, students are exposed to community challenges and develop fresh perspectives on how to address them.
- 13 month program: August – September
- Monthly Sunday evening sessions
- Creation of a community public art project
Sample Discussion Topics & Experiences
- Race and Class- Tour of Baltimore
- Understanding Disability- National Federation of the Blind
- Community Building- Two Overnight Retreats
Each session focuses on a leadership competency and a key issue facing the Baltimore community.
- Must be a rising 10th or 11th grader
- Have an interest in exploring Baltimore
- Want to engage in meaningful conversations with a diverse group of students
Acceptance to the Art of Leadership program is need-blind. Full and partial scholarships are provided.
Click here to view photos from previous sessions.
Take a moment to see what Art of Leadership participants have to say about their experiences in the Program